2014年7月21日月曜日

Why the Sea is Salty

            "As for the thief, he had to swim home - where an angry King was waiting for him."


Today, I read Why the Sea is Salty. This book is a tale from Korea. I choose this book because I wonder why the sea is salty. This book was interesting.
Long ago, the sea wasn't salty like it is today. The sea became salty because of a magic millstone. The millstone could make gold, jewels and special spices.
One day, a thief heard about the magic millstone. He wanted to get the millstone. Then the thief stealed into King's palace and he was able to get the millstone. He ran away as fast as he could. He leaped into a boat and sailed away. Out at sea, when the thief cast a spell, the millstone began to turn. He ate a lot of food which the millstone makes. Then, he want salt to put on his bun. He was able to take out some salt and he ate a lot of food, so he was satisfied. He began to sleep, but the millstone kept turning. When the thief woke up, the boat began to sink. The boat sank to the bottom of the ocean with the magic millstone. That's why, the sea is salty today. I was able to understand thanks to this book why the sea is salty. I think that if someone steals something from somebody, the person will purnished by Heaven. That is why, I mustn't do something bad.



flour:小麦粉
chest:箱・たんす
thief:泥棒
palace:宮殿
throne:王座・王位
chimney:煙突
tease:いじめる・からかう
cloak:マント・袖なしの外套

304 words

7030/8000

3 件のコメント:

  1. I choose this book because I wonder why the sea is salty. >>
    I chose this book because I wondered why the sea is salty.

    返信削除
  2. That is why, I mustn't do something bad. >>
    That is why I mustn't do something bad.

    返信削除
  3. chest:箱・たんす >>

    chest: 箱・たんす

    返信削除